Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Art in the Mail

photo credit: accfc artforhaitianchildren.org


This past Friday, I received a carepackage from Judy Hoffman, the founder of Art Creation Foundation for Children in Jacmel, Haiti. It was full of different kinds of papier mache sculptures created by the ACFFC children themselves! I was not only overwhelmed by her generosity in sending the art to me, but quite simply stunned at the quality of the craftsmanship of the children. Such beautiful bright colors and excellent additive sculptural skills. Although I am in no rush to end my summer vacation, opening up this big box of beautiful art made me really excited to see my own students again and share what was so generously given to me. I know that the work of these children will inspire my students too.

No comments: