Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Three Hundred Dollars



Yesterday, I received an exciting email from Judy Hoffman, founder of Art Creation Foundation for Children. She wrote, "I just received a check for the hearts for $300.00 via Ted (at the American Visionary Art Museum gift shop, 'The Sideshow'). Can you imagine, the reality of a person in Haiti, able to live for almost one year on that amount? Incredible."



Well, my heart soared! The feeling of knowing you are part of affecting a tangible positive change in the lives of children who have to struggle so much just to survive each day in the poorest region in the western hemisphere...I don't think I have the words to describe it! And this is just the beginning!

Please enjoy these photos taken in today's 7th grade class. When the students were finished creating their collograph plates (today's art assignment) they jumped on the opportunity to glaze some hearts. These will go in the kiln this afternoon!

No comments: